Image

Richard Arnold High School
1810 Bull Strret
Savannah, GA  34041

 

The 88,000 square foot building is an original "Georgian Revival" structure designed by architect William B. Ittner and built in June of 1920.  

In 1986 Richard Arnold High School was shut down and sold to Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) in 1994.

The majority of the original structure will remain the same due to the historic discovery of patriotic murals and busts of Lincoln and Washington under the plaster.

The auditorium with its original wood floor stage, 14 foot high arched windows, the sloped balcony and the "CARVED EAGLE" over the painted proscenium (the arch that separates the stage from the auditorium)  is the structure most impressive feature!!!

This Building had the following names at one point: The 35th Street School; Commercial High School; Junior High School; Richard Arnold Community High School; Richard Arnold Junior High School; Richard Arnold Technical Vocational High School; Richard Arnold Night School and lastly this Building is known striclty around Savannnah, GA as "Richard Arnold High School at 1810 Bull Street period"!